Pork and Cranberry Sausage Rolls:
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 25 MINS
- 16 ounces ground pork (for Americans) or 500 g pork mince (for Australians)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄3 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sage leaves, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 sheets puff pastry, halved
- 1 egg, extra, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°-450°F/7-8 gas mark.
- Place the ground pork/pork mince, breadcrumbs, cranberry sauce, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place 1/2 of the mixture along the middle of each pastry half and roll up to enclose, seam-side down.
- Cut the rolls into pieces and place on baking trays lined with non-stick paper; brush with extra egg and sprinkle with the fennel seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the sausage rolls are golden and cooked through.
- TIP: uncooked rolls can be frozen for up to three months. Defrost them in the fridge before cooking.