This blog has officially hit 500 VIEWS!!! To celebrate it, I will post 5 recipes in the next few weeks. Enjoy.
Banana Cream Pie
PREP 15 MINS
COOK 20 MINS
- 1(9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3⁄4cup white sugar
- 1⁄3cup all- porpose
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 bananas
- Have baked 9-inch pie shell ready.
- In a large saucepan, scald the milk.
- In another saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in the scalded milk.
- Over medium heat, stirring constantly, cook until thickened.
- Cover and, stirring occasionally, cook for two minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, have the 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten, ready; stir a small amount of the hot mixture into beaten yolks; when thoroughly combined, stir yolks into hot mixture.
- Cook for one minute longer, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and blend in the butter and vanilla.
- Let sit until lukewarm.
- When ready to pour, slice bananas and scatter in pie shell; pour warm mixture over bananas.
- If desired, make a meringue (you’ll have 3 leftover egg whites) to top the pie, or just let the pie cool until serving.